We are confident this will be a memorable and exciting experience for your camper! The information in the packet is essential, so please read it thoroughly. At GOLF UPGRADES Junior Golf Camps, we take the health safety & Welfare of children seriously- feel free to call us with any questions you may have about what's going on here at camp today or later on down the road as well.
FIRST DAY OF CAMP
If your child is sick or exhibiting symptoms, please do not attend your scheduled camp. If you need to cancel or reschedule your camp session, call 858-299-2996, Monday through Friday, 9 am-5 pm, PST, or email at info@Golf-upgrades.com
• Check-in for the first day of Camp is 15 minutes before camp start time. CAMP PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Camps run Monday through Thursday.
• Half Day Camps – start at 9 am and end at Noon. Lunch is not included. Please make every effort to arrive for camp and pick up promptly.
Sorrento Canyon Golf Center
5605 Carroll Canyon Rd, San Diego, CA 92121
Jacob F. Williams, PGA Associate
Coach Bob Strowman - 858-212-9623
Coach Helyne Joseph - 858-752-7396
Below is a suggested list of appropriate golf attire, equipment, and personal items for campers. Label everything, including golf equipment, with your child’s name. Golf Upgrades Junior Golf Camps and the host golf facility are not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Do NOT send your child to camp with valuable items.
Campers should bring the following to camp:
• Appropriate golf attire - collared shirt with dress shorts/golf skirt. Please, no athletic shorts or denim.
• 1 set of golf clubs: starter set*
• Soft spike golf shoes or tennis shoes
• Already filled water bottle(s)
* If you do not own a set of clubs, please email Jacob Williams at email@example.com to reserve. Assets are limited.
SUGGESTED/AT CAMPER’S DISCRETION
• Hat or Visor
• Hand Sanitizer/Wipes
• Designated “safety zone” of at least 6 feet between campers will be maintained at all times.
• Campers will be reminded to wash their hands or use hand sanitizing during the camp session and to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth at all times.
• Campers must bring water and snacks for the camp session. • Campers may not share equipment (including clubs, balls, tees, markers, and gloves).
• Campers will be asked to forego traditional celebrations of handshakes and high fives. Instead, campers will be encouraged to create fun and safe salutations and celebrations.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Golf Upgrades Campers must abide by all camp rules and regulations. Violation of camp rules and regulations may result in the removal of the camper from the session (at the sole discretion of the camp director) without refund or credit.
All Golf Upgrades Junior Golf Campers must:
• Treat others with kindness and respect.
• Use appropriate language and gestures.
• Maintain a positive attitude throughout the camp.
• Remain in "safety areas" at least 6 feet apart from other campers. • Use of drugs, alcoholic beverages, and tobacco products is prohibited. These substances are strictly forbidden and constitute grounds for immediate dismissal. • Be chaperoned when the camp is not in session.
• Attend the camp in appropriate golf attire (see above).
• Observe proper etiquette while on the course (i.e., fill divots, replace divot marks, observe cart rules, etc.). Foul language and club-throwing will not be tolerated. • Respect the personal property of others and the golf facility and do not take or use anything that does not belong to you.
• Notify the Camp Director if they need to deviate from the schedule for any reason. • Follow rules for cell phone usage. Cell phones are permitted at camp but are strictly prohibited during instruction and course play. If a Camper is seen using a cell phone when usage is prohibited, it will be confiscated and returned at the end of the day.
Camp Tuition balances are due before participation and can be paid to Jacob Williams via Venmo, Cash, Zelle, or Check. Please make payments to Jacob Williams.
2023 Cancellation Policy
Campers who wish to cancel 14 days (30 days for Competitive Edge Camps) or more before the camp start date will be issued a PARTIAL REFUND.
For campers who do not qualify for a refund as stated above, a PARTIAL CAMP CREDIT (less a $50 processing fee and less the non-refundable annual registration fee of $15 for Half Day Camps, $25 for Full Day Camps and $50 for Competitive Edge Day Camps) will be issued. The camp credit may be used to select an alternative Golf Upgrades Junior Golf Camp program session, subject to availability and according to the following terms:
• Camp credits are transferable only to family members.
• Notice of transfer must be submitted in writing by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 858-299-2996). • No prorated credits will be issued for partial attendance at a program session or missed days due to illness, dismissal, behavioral issues, or other reasons. • If the alternative program session request is not redeemed by the conclusion of
2023, the credit amount will be applied as a camp credit for the 2024 season. • In the event the alternative program session is more expensive than the sessions originally paid for, the camper(s) guardian shall pay the difference in program fees at the time of registration.
Cancellations for any reason received AFTER 12pm PST on Friday of the week preceding your registered camp session will result in a forfeiture of 100% of camp tuition (in addition to the registration fee). THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR CAMPS CANCELLED AFTER 12PM PST ON THE FRIDAY PRECEDING THE REGISTERED CAMP SESSION.
Golf Upgrades Junior Golf Camps reserves the right to cancel a class as a result of insufficient registration. In this case, an alternative session may be selected or a full refund will be provided, including the registration fee.
2023 Inclement Weather Policy
In inclement weather, we will try to determine whether to cancel class in advance, so please check your email. In most cases, drizzle or light rain does not constitute a case for cancellation. Students should pack rain gear in their bags for each session. Any sessions canceled due to inclement weather or otherwise by Golf Upgrades Junior Golf Camps will be made up at a day and time specified by Golf Upgrades Junior Golf Camps. If no makeup date is possible, a CAMP CREDIT will be issued for any day(s) missed due to weather cancellation.
2023 Force Majeure
If Golf Upgrades Junior Golf Camps must cancel your Camp session for a reason due to unavailability of staff or facilities or due to other reasons beyond our reasonable control (including strikes (except by our own employees), shortages, riots, insurrection, fires, flood, storm, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, public health emergency, civil preparedness, governmental action, labor conditions, earthquakes and material shortages), Golf Upgrades Junior Golf Camps will issue you a camp credit equal to 100% of your Camp registration fees to a future Camp session for any of our Camps. Any travel losses related to a Camp cancellation will not be refunded. Camper and Parent each waive all damages that may otherwise arise out of any camp cancellation and agrees to accept said credits as liquidated damages and Camper’s and Parent’s sole discretion.
Any questions, please contact your Golf Upgrades Junior Golf Camps team at:jacob@Golf-upgrades.com or call Jacob at 858-299-2996